Kitchen gardening connects you with healthy soil and healthy food- be it in your balcony, terrace, window grill or backyard.
Urban apartments can very well be home to many useful edible plants that can nourish us and our families.
No formulas! Just unravelling of the simple mysteries of nature that will give you all the practical knowledge needed to kick-start your organic kitchen garden!
The workshop will also include a module on home kitchen waste composting, and application of that in your garden!
This practical workshop will cover –
- Basics of Soil Ecology
- Making a ‘Living Soil’ pot
- Sowing seeds
- Re-using different containers as planters
- DIY Drip Irrigation methods
- Sapling Making – bottle planter
- What to grow when – Sowing Calendar
- Home-made pest remedies
- Health and Maintenance of your plants
- Kitchen-waste Composting at Home – Made easy!
Part of all contributions will go towards maintenance of the Green Souls organic farm project, a social project, where all the produce grown go to children from St Jude who are undergoing treatment for cancer.
It will involve practical outdoor activity, so be ready to get your hands dirty!
Doolally Taproom, Palm Beach Rd
10:00 am-01:00 pm, Sun, Sep 22, 2019