This portrait photography with Girish Menon is a beginner's guide to making professional-looking portraits at home and in small spaces using simple and affordable equipment.
You will learn how to use a flash more effectively to photograph weddings, birthdays and other events. You do not need to own a flash or other accessories to attend this workshop. All accessories will be provided during the workshop. The only prerequisite is that you must know how to use a DSLR or mirrorless camera in the manual mode.
How will you benefit from this workshop?
What do you need to bring?
- Understand what differentiates an OUTSTANDING PORTRAIT from a GOOD PORTRAIT
- Portrait lighting techniques...LOOP, SPLIT, BROAD, SHORT
- Understand the different types of FLASH (speedlight) available
- Use the speedlight in the MANUAL mode to control exposure
- Understand how to use a speedlight off-camera using WIRELESS TRIGGERS
- Use multiple speedlights to light the HAIR and BACKGROUND etc.
- Understand the role of WHITE, GOLD and SILVER reflectors in photography etc.
- Any DSLR Camera / Mirrorless Camera
- A notebook and pen to make notes
10:00 am-02:00 pm, Sun, Nov 10, 2019