The workshop is for anyone who wants to improve their non-fiction writing -- journalists, bloggers, aspiring writers. The workshop will cover the following:
- What is incompleteness in a non-fiction piece?
- What are the characteristics of a comprehensive non-fiction piece?
- What are Bill Blundell's Six Building Blocks (6BBs)?
- The Building Blocks: History, Scope, Impact, Reasons, Opposing Forces, the Future.
- Explanation of each building block.
- Use of personal cellphones/ electronic devices to read and dissect an article according to the 6BBs. Three articles dissected in this way.
- Developing a list of questions or attention areas using the 6BBs.
- Addressing participants' queries and suggested reading.
The workshop fee includes all materials + F&B worth Rs. 300
About the host: Suhit Kelkar has over ten years of journalism experience, both as a reporter and a text editor. His journalistic writings have appeared in Caravan, Open, Al Jazeera Online, Friday Magazine (Gulf News) and others. As a staffer he has worked with Daily News and Analysis, Hindustan Times and others.
11:00 am-02:00 pm, Sun, Mar 8, 2020